If you distribute any educational material to your students that has been written by a third party and you have not purchased it or do not have permission to use then you need an educational statutory licence. This type of licence will give your teachers more flexibility in creating course materials while minimising the chance of infringing Australian copyright laws.

This licence allows your RTO to copy and communicate text and images for educational purposes without having to own the original. This means you can: use content from a range of sources such as books, journals, websites etc, make copies and use images and text in printed or digital form.

You can find out more or get a licence from Copyright Agency on educationallicences@copyright.com.au